3/4 - 1 cup Golden Cheese Sauce - refrigerated for at least 2 hours
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
1/2 canned black beans
1/2 cup corn
1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
1/2 teaspoon salt
Sliced avocado, for serving
Sliced mushrooms, for serving
A few lettuce leaves, for serving
1.Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Stir together 3/4 cup chilled cheese sauce, onions black beans, corn, bell pepper, bread crumbs, cilantro, chili flakes, and salt. If the mixture if too dry, add a little cheese sauce or if the mixture if too wet, add a few more bread crumbs.
3. Form 6 patties and place on the baking sheet.
4. Bake for 3-40 minutes.
5. Serve with the avocado, mushrooms, lettuce or toppings or your choice.
Ingredients for Golden Cheese Sauce
1 cup water
2 cups peeled diced potatoes
1/2 cup raw cashew
2 tablespoons lemon juice, plus more to taste
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
2 teaspoons miso
1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
2 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup of finely chopped onions
1. Place water and potatoes in a medium-size saucepan and cook over medium-high heat until potatoes are soft.
2.Pour the potatoes and water into a food processor. Add cashews, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, miso, salt, garlic and onions. Blend until smooth.
3. Taste and, if necessary, season with additional lemon juice and salt.