Updated: Apr 24, 2019
2 tbsp extra avocado oil, plus extra for brushing
4 garlic gloves, finely chopped
1 red onion, diced
1 dried poblano chili, soaked in 100ml hot water for 10 minutes, then deseeded
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 can of black beans, drained
2 ripe nectarines, stoned and cut into thick wedges
4 spinach tortillas (shop bought)
1 ripe avocado
Handful of Cilantro
Salt and pepper
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat, add the garlic and red onion and saute for a few minutes until softened.
2. Put the poblano chili and its soaking water in a blender with the tomato paste and blitz until smooth.
3. Add the black beans to the onion and garlic with the blended chili and tomato paste and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, brush the nectarine wedges with avocado oil, place on a hot griddle pan, turning frequently, until lightly charred all over. The nectarines only need 2-3 minutes.
5. Build your tacos with the avocado, black beans and nectarines. Garnish with cilantro and lime.