3 large, firm tomatoes
1/2 cup diced onions
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp. avocado oil
2 tbsp. oregano
1 1/2 cooked lentils
1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
salt and pepper to season
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Cut the tomatoes in half and scoop the insides into a bowl. Turn the tomato shells upside down to drain while preparing the stuffing.
3. Fry the onions and garlic until golden brown.
4. Add the oregano, salt, and pepper and insides of the tomatoes. Cook for a few minutes and then remove from heat.
5. Stir in the lentils and bread crumbs.
6. Spoon the lentil mixture into the tomato shells and place in a small baking dish.
7. Bake, uncovered, for about 2 minutes.