1/2 cup +1 tb sp. unbleached all-purpose flour
1/4 cup tapioca flour
2 1/2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
6 ounce dark chocolate
1 cup natural, creamy cashew or almond butter
2/3 cup maple syrup
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 chocolate chips
Flaky sea salt or designated coconut chips
1. Preheat oven to 375F/190C and line two baking sheets with parchment paper
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, tapioca flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder.
3. Melt the 6 ounce of dark chocolate in a glass bowl over a double boiler on the stove.
4. Add the nut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla to the melted chocolate. Whisk until completely combined and smooth.
5. Add the melted chocolate mixture to the flour-cocoa mixture and stir until just combined with a wooden spoon. Fold in the chocolate chips using a rubber spatula.
6. If the cookie dough is too sticky to scoop up, refrigerate the batter for 10-15 minutes (but not longer).
7. Using a medium cookie scoop to form cookies. Flatten each cookie slightly with your palm. If desired, press a few extra chocolate chips onto the top of each cookie for presentation.
8. Bake the cookies for 9-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle each cookie with flaky sea salt or the coconut flakes. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.