3 cups diced onions 6 garlic cloves, minced 3 teaspoons ground cumin 2 teaspoons ground coriander 2 tablespoons avocado oil 3 tablespoons soy sauce 3 cups chopped spinach 3 cups diced roasted sweet potatoes 3 cups cooked or canned black beans 12 small whole spelt tortillas 2 16 ounces jars chopped tomatoes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
2. Dice the sweet potatoes, toss them in olive oil with salt and pepper and roast them in the oven for about 40 minutes. 3. In a large skillet, saute onions, garlic, cumin, and coriander in avocado oil over medium high heat until onions are brown. 4. Add soy sauce and spinach. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes, until spinach wilts. Remove from heat. 5. Fold in sweet potatoes, black beans, and salt.
6. Place 1/2 cup of mixture in center of each tortilla. Fold in the bottoms and sides of each tortilla. Place burritos, seam-side down, in a nonstick baking dish.
7. Make tomato sauce. Fry garlic in one a sauce pan with one table spoon of avocado oil until the garlic is browning, pour 2 jars of diced tomatoes in. Put a bunch of basil leaves in, simmer on low heat for 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Pour tomato sauce on top and cover with aluminum foil. 9. Bake for 25 min.