1 tbsp. chia seeds + 3 tbsp. water
150g Whole Spelt Flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp sea salt
150 ml Oat milk
2 tbsp. maple syrup
1 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
1 tbsp. of organic lemon juice and zest of 1 lemon
50 ml sparkling mineral water
3 tbsp. raisins
1.Mix the chia seeds and water in a small bowl and set aside to thicken for about 10 minutes.
2. Combine the flour mix, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl and stir to reduce any lumps.
3. Add oat milk, maple syrup, melted coconut oil and lemon juice and zest and the chia egg and mix well. Add the sparkling mineral water and whisk it into the batter. Don’t overmix and let the batter rest for 10 minutes.
4. Heat a medium sized frying pan over high heat and add a tiny bit of coconut oil, add the batter and reduce the heat to medium. Sprinkle the raisins on top and let the pancake bake on one side until it forms bubbles on the surface.
5. Flip the pancake and don’t worry if it’s breaks, you’ll want that. Bake the pancake from the other side for about another two minutes, then break it into bitesize pieces. Add another tablespoon of maple syrup to the pan to caramelize the pancake bites. Bake them for another minute or so until golden brown and baked through.
6. Sprinkle with Kaiserschmarrn with powder sugar and serve with Plum or Apple compote.