Roasted Vegetable Lasagna
Updated: Jul 12, 2022
1 head cauliflower, cut vertically into 1/4-inch slices
1 zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
1 eggplant, cut into 1/4 into 1/8-inch slices
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
8-12 100 whole-wheat lasagna noodles
1 1/2 cups cooked cannellini beans
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
1/2 cup Almond milk
1 tsp. blended peeled lemon
1 tsp. white miso paste
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. dried onion powder
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
3 cups jarred or homemade marinara sauce
1/4 cup Nutty Parm or bought vegan Mozzarella
1. Preheat oven to 425F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Arrange the cauliflower on one of the prepared baking sheets and the zucchini and eggplant on the other. Sprinkle the chopped bell pepper over the zucchini and eggplant. Place both pans of vegetable in the oven and roast until the veggies are tender, about 20 minutes, turning once about halfway through.
2. While the vegetables are roasting, cook the lasagna noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
3. Remove the roasted vegetables from the oven and set aside to cool. Lower the oven temperatures to 350F.
4. Transfer the roasted cauliflower to a food processor and pulse until it is finely chopped. Place the cauliflower in a large bowl and add the remaining ingredients, except the marinara sauce and Nutty Parm or Mozzarella. Mix well.
5. To assemble, spread a layer of marinara sauce on the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Top the sauce with a layer of noodles. Cover the noodles with half of the roasted vegetables, topped with half of the cauliflower mixture. Add another layer of noodles, topped with more sauce. Once again cover the noodles with roasted vegetables, and then the cauliflower mixture. Repeat this layering process, ending with a layer of noodles topped with sauce. Sprinkle Nutty Parm or vegan Mozzarella on top. Cover and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until hot and bubbling. Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.