Ingredients (for 8 Rolls):
Scant 2 tsp (7g) instant yeast
1 tsp sugar
3/4 cup (175ml) lukewarm water
1 3/4 (225g) strong white bread flour
2/3 cup (75g) whole rye or other whole wheat flour
plant-based oil (I used walnut oil)
2 tbsp. sesame seeds and 2 tbsp. chia seeds
1 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Put the yeast in a small bowl and add the sugar and some of the lukewarm water. Stir to combine and let stand for approximately 5-7 minutes.
3. Combine the flours, sesame seeds and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the middle and add the dissolved yeast and the rest of the water. With clean hands, knead into a smooth ball. Once the dough has come together, continue kneading for at least 10 minutes.
4. Place the dough in a bowl lightly greased and cover with a clean kitchen towel. Set aside to rise in a warm place for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until the dough has doubled in size.
5. After the dough has doubled in size, knead the dough again for about 5 minutes.
6. Form a thick roll and divide that roll into 8 equal parts. Roll each part into a small ball and place them slightly apart in a greased pan.
7. Cut a shallow X into the tops of the balls, then brush with the plant-oil, and sprinkle some seeds into it.
8. Let the rolls rise again for 30 minutes.
. Bake the rolls for 30 minutes.