Yield: 12 servings
2 pounds (about 4 cups) fresh cherries, pitted and halved
6 fresh apricots, pitted and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp ground cardamom
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1 tsp almond extract
For the crisp:
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. vegan butter, cold diced
Nondairy ice cream, for serving
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cherries and apricots with the lemon juice, cardamom, ginger, flower, almonds, and almond extract. Pour into a 8-inch square baking dish.
2. Preheat the oven to 350F.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cinnamon, flour, and sugar, and add the vegan butter. Mix just until it comes together into a coarse meal.
4. Pile the crisp, topping onto the fruit filling and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until crisp topping is golden brown and the fruit filling is starting to bubble.
5. Cool slightly before serving with a scoop of nondairy ice cream.