Sweet Graham Crust:
1 1/2 cups ground low-fat crackers
6-7 tbsp. applesauce
12 ounce silken tofu
1/4 cup raw cashews
1/4 cup raw cane sugar
2 tbsp. cornstarch
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup almond milk
4 tsp lemon juice
1 1/2 cups sweet cherries, pitted
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp. cornstarch
1 tbsp. raw can sugar
1.Blend graham cracker crumbs and 6 tablespoons of applesauce in a food processor until a ball forms. If mixture is dry, add an additional tablespoon of applesauce.
2. Press into a nonstick pie pan.
3. Combine all filling ingredients in a medium saucepan and simmer for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly, until it becomes slightly thick.
4. Preheat oven to 350F.
5. In a food processor, puree filling until creamy.
6. Spread mixture in pie crust and bake for 40-45 minutes.
7.While cake is baking, prepare your fruit topping. Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan and simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture becomes slightly thick. Blend the cornstarch and sugar before adding it to the mixture.
8. Once cake is baked and cooled, spread fruit topping evenly on top. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving.