1 Block extra firm Tofu, approximately 14oz
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
2 tbsp. avocado oil
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 ground black pepper
1 tbsp. nutritional yeast flakes
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 cup non-dairy milk
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1. Cut tofu into -6 slices. Wrap in kitchen paper or a clean kitchen towel. Place a heavy pan or put it between two dinner plates and place 2 tins of beans on it. Set aside for at least 1 hour or overnight until the tofu is very dry and looks dense. Then cut the tofu slices into fingers.
2. Preheat your oven to 400F.
3. Now, take three bowls. In one bowl, combine all ingredients for the breadcrumb mixture. In another bowl, add the cornstarch. In the third bowl, stir together the non-dairy milk and the apple vinegar.
4. Take one tofu finger at a time, toss into the cornstarch first, then dip into the nondairy milk. Repeat this step (put back into the cornstarch, then into the non-diary milk, and finally coat with the breadcrumb mixture.
5. Repeat with all the tofu fingers, placing them on a lightly greased baking sheet in a single layer. Spray with a little cooking oil for more crispness, if desired. Bake for 30-40 minutes, flipping them halfway through baking.
6.Serve with a dip of your choice and salad.