3 - 4 1/4 cups (405g-570g) whole spelt flour
6oz (17g) fresh yeast
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup (177ml) warm plant-based milk (approximately 80F)
1/2 cup (118ml) warm water (approximately 80F)
1 cup (250g) ground hazelnuts
1/3 cup (80ml) melted coconut oil
1/4 cup (60ml) maple syrup
1/2 cup (113g) softened plant-based butter
3/4 cup (110g) maple syrup
1 heaping tbsp. (9g) cinnamon
1.Combine 2 cups of flour, yeast, and salt in a mixing bowl. Add warm milk, water, sweetener, and oil, mixing until combined and smooth.
2. Knead in extra flour, a little at a time, until it forms a soft dough. Careful not to add too much flour or the rolls will be dry and hard.
3. Cover and let dough rest in a warm place for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine the ground hazelnuts with the maple syrup and set aside.
4. Place dough onto slightly floured surface and roll into a large rectangle.
5. Spread softened plant-based butter generously over the surface and roll into a rectangle.
6. Beginning at the long edge of the rectangle, tightly roll dough into a log.
7. You can use a sharp knife, cut the roll into half.
8. Divide each half into six equal portions and place into a greased or parchment lined 13x9 baking dish.
9. Cover and let rise, about 30-60 minutes, or until puffy.
10. Preheat the oven to 350F.
11. Place pan onto the middle rack and bake for 20-25 minutes, just until rolls are lightly golden around the edges and centers are puffed. Don't overbake.
12. Remove and let cool slightly before topping with glaze/frosting.