1.25kg dark plums
250g light brown sugar
125g non dairy butter
2 eggs (I used EnerG)
250g Spelt flour
1 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Vanilla essence
100g non dairy cream cheese
1 tbsp. rum (for flavor)
1. Wash the plums and cut into half, take the stone out.
2. Beat the sugar with butter and vanilla essence until pale and foamy.
3. Make the egg replacer and mix it in to the sugar and butter mixture.
4. To make the egg replacer with EnerG, use 1 1/2 tsp EnerG Egg Replacer plus 2 tbsp. warm water to make one egg.
5. Mix flour and baking powder and gently mix into the butter mixture with the eggs.
6. Mix in the non dairy cream cheese and the rum.
7. Place the batter in a greased spring form (26cm) or a baking tray. Put the plums diagonally into the spring form.
8. Preheat the oven to 350F and bake the cake 60min-70min or until a wooden skewer comes out clean.
9. Sprinkle the top with brown sugar and put it back in the oven to let it cool completely.