2/3 cup spelt flour
1/2 cup rice flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1.5 tbsp. brown non bleached sugar
1/2 cup vegan butter or chilled coconut oil
4-5 tbsp. ice cold water
2 cups plums, finely chopped
2 tbsp. tapioca flour
2-3 tbsp. coconut sugar
1 tbsp. of cinnamon mixed with ginger and vanilla (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 360F or 190C
2. Sift flour and the rest of the dry ingredients into a bowl.
3. Scrape the coconut oil or plant-based butter into tiny bits and add it to try ingredients
4. Using your fingers, crumble the flour and oil together
5. When you have the butter/oil and flour crumbled together, add ice cold water
6. Knead the dough very gently only to get it into a ball shape and warp it up in cling film.
7. Place the dough in the freezer for 15 minutes.
8. In the meantime, prepare the filling - slice the plums into thin slices
9. After the 15 minutes, place the dough on 1 piece of floured parchment paper and gently flatten it.
10. Sift some more flour and cover with second piece of parchment paper.
11. Gently roll out the dough, we want it pretty thin. When nice and even rolled out, carefully remove the top paper.
12. Season the plums with a pinch of salt, powdered ginger and cinnamon, 2 tbsp. coconut sugar or any syrup to taste, some freshly squeezed lemon juice, and 2 tbsp. tapioca flour.
13. Mix well until all the pieces are covered equally and place the plums on rolled out pastry in an even layer leaving some space at the edges.
14. Fold the pastry over the filling and sprinkle some more coconut sugar on top.
15. Bake in the oven 30-33 minutes until golden brown.
16. Bake it on steam mode or if your oven doesn't have one, for 15 minutes on conventional mode and then I turn on fan assisted mode to get more crunch and color.