Updated: Aug 8, 2019
1lb small potatoes
1lb cherry tomatoes
1 (14-ounce) package extra firm tofu
3 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. maple syrup
1 tbsp. rice vinegar
1 tsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp red chili flakes
1 box of microgreens
1 bunch of fresh rosemary
1 bunch of fresh oregano
pesto and plant based garlic mayonnaise
1.Preheat the oven to 375F.
2. Put the fingerling potatoes in a baking tray and season with salt and pepper and sprinkle the fresh rosemary on it.
4. Roast the fingerling potatoes 30 - 40 minutes, check often and ladle the avocado oil over the potatoes to get them crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside.
3. Put the cherry tomatoes in a baking tray and season with salt and pepper and the fresh oregano.
4. Roast the cherry tomatoes in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
5. To make the tofu, drain the water from the package and fold the tofu in a big piece of paper towel. Put a plate above and below the tofu, like a sandwich. I like to put a bit of weight on the plate to drain all the water, and put one or two cans of bean on it.
6. Leave the tofu to drain for at least 2 hours.
7. Whilst the tofu is draining, prepare the dressing for it.
8. In a shallow dish, whisk together soy sauce, maple syrup, rice vinegar, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
9. Coat each piece of tofu in the sauce, then lay flat on lined baking sheet. Drizzle remaining sauce on tofu.
10.Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes, then flip each piece of tofu and bake for 15 minutes, then flip each piece of tofu and bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes more.
11. To prepare the microgreens, wash them, dry them, marinate with the plant based garlic mayonnaise.
12. To serve, prepare the potatoes, cherry tomatoes, tofu in a bowl, add the microgreens and the pesto and enjoy!