2 Perfect Matcha Spoonfuls of matcha green tea
Matcha bowl and whisk
250ml (8oz) of warm water (175F/75C)
1 tsp agave (optional)
1. Add your non-dairy milk (I use unsweetened Soy milk), to your milk frother and froth at medium heat. If you don't have a milk frother, shake milk in a sealed mason jar for 15 seconds, remove lid and place it in the microwave for 30 seconds.
2. Add 2 level Matcha Spoonfuls of tea to your Matcha Bowl.
3. Pour 4oz/120ml of 175F/75C water into the Matcha Bowl, covering the powder.
4. Using your Matcha whisk, briskly whisk the tea in an "M" formation until no Matcha clumps remain and a frothy layer forms on the top of the beverage.
5. If you like your lattes sweet, stir 1-2 tsp of agave into your Matcha.
6. Pour all of the Matcha from your Matcha Bowl directly into a 16oz cup.
7. Grab your frothed milk and pour it over your Matcha mixture.
Use a large spoon to hold back the foam and allow the liquid to pour in first. As the liquid runs out, release the spoon to let the foam fill the balance of the cup.