1 2/4 cups whole spelt flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup light brown sugar
220g ripe banana's (about 2 1/2 medium sized ones)
1/3 cup walnut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 cup fresh blueberries
1.Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare a loaf pan. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine the apple cider vinegar and unsweetened almond milk. This will create a "buttermilk". Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and set aside.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, banana, vanilla extract.
5. Mix flour mixture to wet mixture and use a fork to combine. Gently fold in blueberries, using a spatula.
6. Pour the batter in the prepared pan. Bake for about 1 hour. Check the doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center of the bread as well as inserting it along the sides of the bread. The toothpick should come out clean when inserted in the center.
7. Cool the blueberry banana bread in the pan on a rack for 1 hour before releasing it from the pan.