1 cup of whole Spelt Flour
1 cup of Strong White unbleached Bread Flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/3 cup of maple syrup
6 tbsp. of plant-based milk, I used coconut milk
1/2 cup of coconut butter, melted
1 cup fresh blueberries
2 tbsp. brown cane sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 356F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, and salt. Sift the flour to avoid clumps. Mix well.
3. Add wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Slowly fold in the fresh blueberries to the batter.
5. Gently mold the batter into a wheel around 2 inches thick. Cut the wheel into 8 equal pieces.
6. Place scones on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
7. Before placing in the oven, coat the scones with non-dairy milk and sprinkle on the brown cane sugar.
8. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until fluffy baked.
9. Let scones cool down.
10. Optional: Drizzle some lemon glaze on top (whisk a few drops of lemon juice into 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, stir to create a thick, smooth glaze).