1 packed cup (200g) dates
1/2 cup (125g) raw cashews
1/2 tsp fine sea salt
3 heaped tbsp. smooth peanut butter
1 Cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla powder
desiccated coconut, for decoration
1. Soak the dates in a bowl of hot water for 5 minutes (if your dates are tough) but if they are soft you won't need to soak them.
2. Meanwhile, blitz the cashews, salt and Cocoa powder in a food processor together until the cashews are very fine.
3. Drain the soaked dates and add them to the food processor along with the peanut butter and vanilla extract. Process for 1 minute until you form a sticky dough.
4. Scoop out 1 heaped tbsp. of the dough per ball and roll into balls using your hands. Add your desiccated coconut on a plate, then roll the balls into the coconut to coat them all.
5. Place the balls into an airtight container and store them in the fridge.